Very strange behaviour of my DSG 6 on my 2005v Touran

• Hello
    my English being better than my german i apologize for this message but still hope that someone might help me.
    my 2005 Touran has 245000kms now and i am still very happy with it but a few weeks ago i gaced a very strange situation.
    While i was driving on the motorway i heard a kind of electric noise similar to a shortcut coming for the DSG lever.
    Then i lost the drive fro; trhe gear box. i could accelerate but the gearbox behaved as if it was in neutral gear.
    I was able to park the car, stop the engine (a warning orange light showing the motor was on the dashboard)
    After i called VW and realised that it was going to be complicated to be serviced i decided to give a try to the Touran . the engine started and i was able to select the gear but i found that the DSG lever was much harder to omove than before.
    I went directly to the closest VW agent and there was some record of gearbox/engine failure but no clear error message.
    Back home i have been able to clear the error message and the orange warning light on the dashboard disappeared.
    Since then the Touran is running as before, the DSG as smooth as always and making no noise.
    The only thing which remains is this added difficulty to move the DSG lever from P to D. the manual shifting is also working.
    as any of you faced the same issue ?
    Thanks for your help

• first, welcome to the Touran24 forum!

your description is quite strange with regard to the electric noise. This I've never heard or read from. So maybe the leverbox has a damage with temporary effect. please can you post the error code you've cleared at all?

the higher effort to move the lever can be reduced often by lubing the rope of the parking brake actuation. Just give it a try, put some not too viscous lube on it. This is a quite common issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Drei Gründe dafür:
- Austausch mit anderen Touran-Fahrer
- Alles zu Versicherung & Finanzierung
- Tipps zu Bauteile, Tuning und Reparaturen

Registriere Dich kostenlos und nehme an unserer Community teil!